Friday, March 19, 2010

Insurance Fraud Blog Purpose

This is one blog in my roll that has really hit home. My work at Plymouth Rock in Boston is closely tied to the aim of Insurance Fraud Blog. The website Coalition Against Insurance Fraud was started in 1993 as a way to bring awareness to the general public about the trickle-down affect that insurance fraud has for consumers all around the world. The Executive Director, Dennis Jay, and his staff have compiled mountains of quality information and have armed people with the necessary tools to combat insurance fraud. The opinions and ideas expressed are both interesting and worthwhile to me.

I discovered it while researching the "Conversing" project and was impressed. I did not pursue it as a direct focus for my submission and it was not included in my search log as I was conducting a little "freelance" research after I had found the Insurance Fraud Bureau of Massachusetts. I felt that it would be better to go with something a little more local but, nevertheless, it helped me determine a focus for Getaway Car. I also found that some hits that I received for the site were not current due to entering a query for my search that was lacking specific time frame.

So there you have it........I thought the inclusion of "Coalition" in the website was a bit strong but it takes teamwork and unity to do the hard work that is necessary. It is, after all, always a battle for the do-gooders to stay ahead in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment